Major duties. The field artillery surveyor leads, supervises, or serves as a member in field artillery survey operations.
(1) Skill Level 1. Records field data, prepares schematic sketches and marks survey station. Perform astronomic observation, measure azimuths, angles and determines deviations for target, connection, and position area surveys with angular measuring equipment. Assist PADS operator with the transfer, strap down and preparation for operations of PADS. Computes data using logarithms or calculator to obtain the unknown required field data to include computing for accuracy ratios and adjustment. Operates and performs preventive maintenance checks and services on vehicles, radios, weapons, and all survey equipment.
Complete form for more information here.
(2) Skill Level 2. Supervises and coordinates PADS vehicle operations. Computes survey data, plots geographic/Universal Trans Meridian grid coordinates and performs azimuth transfer with PADS. Operates PADS system, performs calibrations, zero velocity updates, and preventive maintenance checks and services on PADS system. Assists collection, evaluation, and dissemination of survey information. Provides leadership and technical guidance to lower grade personnel.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for the initial award of MOS. FA firefinder radar operators must possess the following qalifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of (unavailable at this time).
(2) A physical profile of (unavailable at this time).
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) A minimum score of (unavailable at this time).
(5) Security Clearance of SECRET.
(6) A U.S. citizen.